Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
As coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) epidemic continues to spread throughout the world, threatening a pandemic status, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to-date there is still no vaccine, specific antiviral treatment, or cure.
On their website, the CDC states that the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus and advises that people with COVID-19 should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms and for severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ functions.
What is worth noting and sharing is that on the website is a reminder that the CDC always recommends the following everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of any respiratory disease:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings, i.e., at home or in a health care facility.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
According to the Center For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) these are simple measures you can take to help keep yourself and others healthy.
God Is Our Ultimate Protection
As Believers, when it comes to dealing with coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), it is important for us to use wisdom and follow advised precautions and preventative measures prescribed by governing authorities as best as possible.
However, as we physically do all we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones from coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), it is even more important for us to know, recognize and understand that our ultimate protection is from God, and as such it is crucial that we fundamentally trust Him and stand on His Word above all.
Psalm 91 is a scripture that celebrates the protection of the Lord; it is a song of confidence and trust meant to build up the faith of those who trust in the Lord for His divine protection.
The Hebrew text has no title or inscription ascribing the Psalm to any particular author or specific event, making it timeless and applicable to every Believer who chooses to so position themselves in God.
Psalm 91 – NKJV
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God
91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
A Personal Prayer/Declaration of Psalm 91
Believing in our heart, and confessing and declaring God’s Word and promises with our mouth over our life and circumstances in a personal way is a powerful scriptural and spiritual weapon.
When we do this, we are not denying the facts of our situation, but recognizing them and confronting them with the Truth and Power of the Word of God and declaring our faith and trust in Him and what He says more than in them and what they say.
In view of the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-2019), the following are personalized prayer points based on Psalm 91 that you can pray and declare by faith..
- Because I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, I abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him I trust.”
- Surely he shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
- He covers me with his feathers, and under his wings I take refuge; his truth is my shield and buckler.
- I am not afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,
- Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
- A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, but it will not come near me.
- Only with my eyes will I look and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because I have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most high my dwelling place;
- No evil shall befall me nor shall any plague come near my dwelling.
- For He gives His angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways.
- They bear me up in their hands lest I dash my foot against a stone.
- I will tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I shall trample underfoot.
- Because I set my love upon Him, therefore He will deliver me; He will set me on high because I have known His Name.
- I will call upon the Lord and He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble and deliver me and honor me.
- With long life He will satisfy me and show me His salvation.
When we decree and declare the Word in this manner, we must not interpret this to mean that God will protect us from all problems, for God has not promised to spare us from all difficulty; in fact in John 16:33, Jesus himself said that in this world we will have tribulation, but to be of good cheer for He has overcome the world.
Instead, by decreeing and declaring the Word in this manner from a place of faith, we activate its authority and can be confident that the Lord God Almighty is with us, has the power to cover, preserve and protect us and will be right by our side to help us through whatever danger we may encounter.
A Song Of Faith, Protection And Comfort
“HE THAT DWELLETH IN THE SECRET PLACE” – BY DAVID W. MORRIS & HOSANNA MUSIC
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.”
Proverbs 3:5,6 – NLT
A Final Word
If under the Old Covenant, the blood of lambs was able to cover and protect the lives of the Children of Israel from the destructive plague that passed through Egypt, under the New Covenant, HOW MUCH MORE IS THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB ABLE TO COVER AND PROTECT OUR LIVES AS CHILDREN OF GOD in this threatening pandemic of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-2019),
So in addition to all other measures, be sure to cover yourself and your household in the healing, cleansing, delivering, protecting, powerful Blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
The world may be blindsided, reeling and perturbed by the ominous presence of the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-2019), but God isn’t.
Trust in, rest in, hope in, and be guided by Him.
Be safe! Be strengthened! Be encouraged! Be blessed!
Copyright © 2020 by Kim Sweeting, Author of “Unwalled Words” Blog, All rights reserved.
Picture courtesy of “monfocus” – http://www.pixabay.com
Video “He That Dwelleth In The Secret Place” by David W. Morris & Hosanna Music courtesy of jmigueba